BSA Troop 90, sponsored by Greenfield Hill Congregational Church in Fairfield, Connecticut is a leadership troop in the Connecticut Yankee Council, Pomperaug District. Troop 90 was founded in 1938. The Troop has produced over 100 Eagle Scouts since 1953, with an average of four new Eagle Scouts each year!
Cub Scout experience is not required. The Scouts BSA program is open to all boys and girls that are at least 11 years old. Any current or former Cub Scouts that have earned their Arrow of Light are also eligible. Troop 90 has 30 active Scouts ranging from Scout to Eagle. We have over 10 adult advisors that are certified as adult leaders.
Troop 90 also has an active Venture Crew for boys and girls over 14 years of age. The crew focuses on high adventure activities. Venture Crew 90 meets on a monthly basis.
Typical Troop Activities
- Helping at the Grange Harvest Fair
- Leaf raking for our sponsor (GHCC)
- Preparing meals for the Bridgeport Rescue Mission
- Eagle projects which support different parts of our local community
- Campouts: We travel to several places that are close by (e.g. Hoyt Scout Reservation in Redding, CT) and all around Connecticut
- Merit Badges: Camping, Citizenship, Cooking, First Aid, Game Design, Personal Fitness, Rifle Shooting and many, many more!
- Fall and Winter Camporees with Connecticut Yankee Council to meet Scouts from other towns
- Attending Merit Badge College Summer Camp at Camp Sequassen
Let us know when you’d like to visit! We meet on Wednesday nights at 7:30 p.m. in the Memorial Hall at Greenfield Hill Congregational Church.